Surface & Profile
Founding of the company by Richard Walter in Düsseldorf under thename Walter Montanwerke. Just four years later Richard Walteralso acquires a small company in Tübingen and produces metal toolsat both locations.
In 1924 the company's headquarters are relocated to Tübingen. In 1926 the first patents for cemented carbide are filed, the latter being sold under the name of "Dynit". After transferring certain patents to the company Krupp in Essen, it is agreed that Krupp is to no longer manufacture coaxial precision tools. Focus moves to the production of milling cutters.
WALTER launches the world's first fully automatic tool grinding machineon the market.
Foundation of the first subsidiary outside Germany. Furthersubsidiaries are founded in Europe soon afterwards.
WALTER launches the world's first NC-controlled tool grinding machine on the market:helitronic 20 NC/LIP2
WALTER opens the first branch outside Europe in the USA:Walter Grinders USA
Transformation of the company into a joint stock company. The new name: WALTER AG
With the HELITRONIC POWER, WALTER sets a new benchmark in tool grinding technology. The HELITRONIC POWER is still produced today - ina design that has been modified several times.
Foundation of the branch in Kurim, Czech Republic. Constructionstart of a production facility.
In 1998 optical CNC measuring machines are added to the product range.Construction of the Measuring Technology Centre in Garbsen.
With the HELITRONIC POWER DIAMOND and its unique"Two-in-One" concept, it is now possible to erode ANDgrind on one machine for the first time.
With the foundation of its own branch in Japan, WALTER now has aworldwide sales and service network. Introduction of theHELITRONIC VISION high-precision tool grinding machine with linear drives.
The branch "machines" of WALTER AG becomes part of the Schleifring Group.
Our new name: Walter Maschinenbau GmbH.
Introduction of the HELITRONIC MICRO, a tool grinding machine forrotationally-symmetrical tools with diameter from 0.1 mm.
Relocation to new company headquarters in Jopestraße, Tübingen
Collaboration with our sister company Ewag AG in Etziken, Switzerlandis intensified, to enable us to offer our customers a complete range of tool machining services in future. Grinding, eroding, laser machining, measuring, software and services from a single source!
The Schleifring Group becomes the UNITED GRINDING Group (2013).The new machine design of the UNITED GRINDING Group will be presented at the EMO in Hanover (2013).